Wednesday, August 1, 2012

One Day at a time......

Hello World....

(side note: watching Vh1's Hollywood Exes and all this talk of crab cakes and lobster has me hungry! Closest thing in my kitchen to seafood right now is tunafish...so i'm eating me a tunafish sammich! LOL)

So I have been just taking everything one day at a time (sweet Jesus).  My old school gospel folks know that song.  I saw an article the other day of an athlete that had been injured and was recovering and training and he pulled up in front of his old high school and killed himself. (sigh) I really hate when i hear stories like that mainly because I feel like as long as you stay here one more day a solution will appear.  The key is to let your "friends" know the problem OR heck just contact your bill collectors and work something out. Whatever the problem is it can be solved.  One day at a time.

So in that same thought. I've dealt with some self-esteem issues and everytime i say or type that word I think about Katt Williams who discusses "esteem of you mu*****kn self" HA!!  He's a little harsh BUT he's so right!  self-esteem is something controlled ultimately by the individual.  You can't let an outside source change you.  So I've been getting my head right in that area lately.  Especially in the love/romance  department..it's amazing how that first man, first love of your life, your father can either make or break you. A-freakin'-mazin!  It makes me understand a lot but it also irritates me...especially when your first love ignores you.  It trains you to scramble for the attention of future potential suitors and try harder when they ignore you.  Not a good thing.  That area should only be reserved for those that want to protect and provide and love, no other types should be permitted.  So I encourage EVERYone to continue to take life one day at a time.  Don't rush to judgement or a decision. Take the time to sleep on it.  So anyway yesterday a lot of stuff just rushed to a boil for me and I was feeling real real crazy, I thank God for the real "Friends" i have in my life that i can vent/rant to and that's as far as the information goes.  So at the end of the day, our Division VP comes up to me and basically tells me that i'm getting a promotion and someone is going to be hired in to do what i'm doing now.  So now I got to take a big girl pill and get ready to be a trainer/manager and finally act 40. Yeah chic you 40 and you need to be doing some stuff differently. (that's me talking to myself)  See had I taken a different route I would've never seen the end of the day and I would've missed the job promotion. More funds, at a time when i'm getting my budget together to get ready to do some other stuff in another year.  God truly works in mysterious ways. Love it!

Anyway..enjoy your life, your day, your week, your year...enjoy everything one day at a time!

*peace and blessings*

No comments:

Post a Comment