Monday, August 27, 2012

After the praise dance...

Hello World...

Well it's Monday and I'm still drawing breath.  As the old folks say my bed wasn't my cooling board and I appreciate that but still have some anxious thoughts.  I talked about Tradewinds in my last post (Sunday aug 26th) and went to a church service where the two ministers that got up and spoke a Word pretty much about what I'm dealing with behind my closed doors.  I never take events like that for granted or as coincidence.  Yes there a billion people in the world and we all deal with the same issues behind closed doors, even though we try not to share it, but I just tend to take stuff seriously, especially if i've been praying about it.

The first thing was: practical application of the Word.  I'd just talked about that in my blog and one of the ministers spoke on it in the same area I was thinking and touching on. so that was confirmation that God still hears me in my prayers.

The second topic came when the Pastor got up for his sermon.  He was finishing a segment on a woman's role in her marriage.  and one thing he stepped on my bunion with was - the woman is the manager of the relationship...she must know how to manage the household effectively and efficiently. 

As a single woman, I must be, should have been learning how to manage my household effectively and efficiently.  I do recall a time period in my life where that was true. My budget was tight and my credit was good.  At some point that quit being my life truth and i've been a bad manager ever since.  So i've been a bad manager longer that i've been a good manager. (sadness)  A successful man does not want a bad manager for a wife, therefore i'm not ready to be in anybody's relationship. (truth and sadness)

Now after the praise dance and you've received the Word and allowed your emotions to well up and overflow and all of the "thank god, thank jesus, hallelujah" exclamations have stopped you have to deal with your man in the mirror.  What do you do after the praise dance?  You allow yourself to be human for about 3 to 5 seconds and be angry or sad or whatever and then you start looking for solutions. Positive solutions. How did it effect me you ask? Well i'm glad you asked. I'm not ashamed. I was pissed, sad, angry for not fixing what i already knew was an issue.  And at 40 with no kids and just now making a transition into what i really want to do in life, that information (which i already knew) being brought up again was a splash of cold water to bring me back to reality.  The reality that you can't roll around living paycheck to paycheck all your life and have a happy, no stress life.  It's so many other things that happen in life that give you stress; why bring stress on yourself?  So after i got thru being mad..I realized that I'd already started turning stuff around.  It's amazing how you lose sight of the positive stuff as long as you stay mad at the negative.  LOL!! You get tunnel vision on the wrong stuff.

Anyway...after the praise dance for that Sunday or Wednesday or whenever you have your emotional spill over...you figure out a new plan and you keep dancing as you Praise Him in advance!!  *BOOM*

*peace and blessings*

No comments:

Post a Comment