Sunday, August 12, 2012

Follow The Signs...

Hello World...

This past week and weekend have been somewhat emotional on a very very very different level!  OH yes, i'm sorry i'm almost forgot about your theme music click here and enjoy!

ok back to the blog..this week has been very emotional on a whole different level for me. I have had some recent interesting events to happen, very sudden, very powerful.  Almost like God showing me the picture of the fork in the road and saying "you see your blessings happening right now, follow the path from this incident and you'll go left but if you follow this path over here you'll go right" and you know the Word speaks about wanting to do right but having the thoughts to do wrong in several places but the NIV version of Galatians 5:17 hit me best "For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want."

My spiritual background is that I was raised in a Christian household, AME (Afr Methodist Episcopal) church.  My family has other spiritual giftings intertwined in our DNA that causes one to have a close link to God to understand some of the things we "know", can see and feel.  We have to humble ourselves and make sure to bring things to people's attention without seeming arrogant or a know-it-all.  Sometimes the opposition is so strong, it will stop us or damage us to the point of us seeing giving up as the easiest solution but I know for a fact that if you keep alert and follow the signs, your positive solution will show up!  If you keep waking up, the solution will come along.

I have been in the great City of Atlanta for 8 years and i've been connected to positive, spiritual beings.  It's crazy! All connected somehow to part two of Nissa K!  For those that don't me, I started out early in life playing piano (age 3) and singing.  My immediate talent for hearing harmonies didn't become something I was aware of until i was in my late teens and still singing in church choirs.  You gave me the melody and I gave you everything else immediately. However, with no real musical mentors to guide me I had no idea what to do with this talent.  So I kept on in life and felt a little lost and allowed life to steer me off course and have just now come back on the path about 20 years later and at this point I have continuously asked God to show me the big picture and He is keeping me. My church folks know what i mean by that.  My biggest part and problem is my Word life has fallen off. There was a time I continuously stayed in my bible and my gift of "knowing" was strong.  I could look at a person and immediately tell them something that they needed to hear...i found out later because they had been praying on it or it was just something in their spirit that they needed to hear. As my discipline slipped there, it has effected my life in general and the forces i'm fighting now are powerful but God.....  Part two of Nissa K has to do with sound engineering.  With this late transition and no practical applications under my belt..part of me just wants to jump into it but another part of me is overwhelmed because it's a lot of information.  But I have a feeling that as soon as I submerge myself in it, it will come naturally.  There was a time in my young life that I made it a point to learn something to the point of mastery because that's the standard I carried myself on...at some point my spirit was damaged and I began to give up. Now comes the time for mediocrity to be a thing of the past. 

There is an Atlanta musician that I have become acquainted with that has turned his journey from young boy playing drums to a full fledged non-profit organization that helps youngsters learn the music business and also hands out scholarships to help them to the next level.  I'm sure you know who I"m talking about.  One of my good friends here that met thru another friend (these connections are crazy) took me to one of his annual birthday gatherings because all of my friends know how I like to celebrate my birthday and my sign (Aries stand up!) and this guy brings together real musicians and "sangers" to bring his fans real music.  Well once I got connected on social network I started following this young man and his ministry is pow-er-ful! He and his other half (or as we say better half..LOL) are a grinding team.  Ba-bay any event that this guy is a part of his wife is right there doing whatever needs to be done, street team, ticket seller whatever.  Team J Fly is what i'm talking about.  He also does an annual free (yep free) music festival in his hometown of Waycross, Ga..always the last weekend of September, this year 9-22-12 is the date to save.  He has a bus that travels from Atlanta or you can drive your own car (about 3 hours) and get a room and chill-ax!  Yeah so I nickname all of my fellow Aries folks "Aries" because we are very proud of our sign! LOL! (Rams stand up!)  So this is one of my Aries friends and another person connected to what will be my part 2.  We had a conversation recently and he found out i had NOT purchased his CD Hypnotic...i felt about 2 inches high and he didn't even talk bad to me. People work hard and deserve true support.  Therefore, i went to iTunes today to find it to purchase and ended up also finding two podcasts from a jazz talk radio on-line show where J had been interviewed twice and he got a chance to give his background and tell the world why he was doing what he was doing.  And by him following his dreams and enhancing his talents, he can't stop working even if he wanted to.  People refer him to any and everybody that needs a drummer.  Word of mouth is a powerful thang!  I don't even know if he's keeping a list of the artists he's working with somewhere because listening to interviews it goes from Bootsie Collins to Kirk Franklin to Rick Ross to R. kelly to Kelly Price to Peabo Bryson...do you see the genre differences in those few names? I didn't even name the jazz artists...of which there are many!  So anyway besides a shameless Aries plug for my brudda, the reason I brought this guy up is because I found out he doesn't and has never had a drink or smoke of any mood altering substances...NEVER. Very surprising for a human period (in my mind) but also for someone in the entertainment business.  And I know I am a libation lover and recently hookah (haven't lit mine up yet) mainly because it makes me temporarily forget my troubles and enjoy the moment.  This dude says well when i'm dealing with something that troubles me, I just pray and/or read a scripture in the bible that settles my spirit down. (what?) again I felt real reminded of my spiritual background and where I'd allowed myself to go.  and i told him that shows that you are very comfortable in your skin and it immediately reminded me that apparently I am not...comfortable in my own skin.  Not that an occasional glass of wine is horrible but just the fact that this guy is THAT disciplined in life just really made me re-think some of my choices.  And then as I was watching the Harry Potter marathon, one of the characters had a line that spoke volumes to me.  Professor Dumbeldorf told Harry Potter "it's not our abilities that create who we are but our choices" or something to that effect and that just rang loud to me in my current walk.

Two things I need to...no three things I need to immediately do:
  • Self-esteem/character building
  • Read and/or listen to the Word on a weekly (probably daily) basis
  • Remove self-doubt from my mental rolodex
So God I am listening to ALL of the information you've given me these 8 years, looking at all of the friends you've given me that show me different things.  I used to have these musical dreams with this song that I'm singing with gospel greats with all of this harmony and i knew the song and we were having a good time and no I didn't have the radio or tv on during these times...i'd wake up with a smile on my face and excited to getting closer to my dream of working in and around music.  I haven't had those dreams in quite some time and I miss them. It's time for me to get back on "it".

The purpose of today's entry is to encourage those out there that are going through trials..ask God to show you the big picture and ask him to remind you who He is and whose You are and He will! I'm a living witness.  And then when he shows you...Follow The Signs!  Follow the signs to greatness!  You'll feel yourself being pulled and the right decisions will come to you.  Now I will tell you that sometimes you are put in situations that will test you immediately, especially if you've allowed yourself to become attached to an act or habit that is no good for you.  Pray your way out of those situations and ask God to move you out of the way of that type of stuff and THEN stop going back to them.  Feeling good is not always the main objective.  Enhancing your gifts and learning should be your main objective at all times!  If you are in a situation and you are NOT enhancing your gifts then you need to get out of it! Period.

So Follow The Signs!

*peace and blessings*

No comments:

Post a Comment