Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Blue Collar vs White Collar

Hellooooooo Nurse! I mean World..I had a yacko, wacko, dot flashback for a second..LOL

We have some work happening over here in our business park so the construction workers take breaks at certain times for breakfast and lunch and I seem to keep walking in the same time they do.  Yesterday on accident, yep today on purpose. *tee hee*  So at lunch, i look up and there's this Shemar Moore (criminal minds shemar) look-alike in line with his construction clothes on and an inner smile appeared. (never let 'em see you checkin' them out)  It's something about a hard working man that butters my parsnips and I'll tell you why.

So growing up in my family was interesting i learned some good and bad habits but the most important thing I learned by watching the men and women is that hard work and good work ethics pay off.  I didn't get a chance to meet my grandpa John Elliott nor his twin Thomas Elliott.  My grandpa died before his last child was born back in the 50s and his twin died in a drowning accident when they were teens but I saw and have benefited from his work ethics.  My family has a nice piece of acreage in our hometown and my granny Clara (Turknett) Elliott made sure it stayed kept up and fit for living.   She was the eldest of 10 and then had 10 of her own so taking care of others was her job, I kind of wish she'd used the same ethics towards her own health but that's another story/blog. 

One thing she showed all of her kids (men especially) was to cook, clean, work hard!  All of my uncles (RIP uncle john thomas, uncle theodore "brother", uncle l.c.) could cook and I mean COOK, clean a house, take care of a kid by themselves and the majority of them were/are mechanics.  I didn't have to take my car to a mechanic shop until I was in my mid-twenties.  All are military vets and came out with degrees, certifications, $$ investments.  So guess what type of man catches my eye...yes that blue collar worker that also has that book sense to know how to take care of his family.  My one uncle (and i won't put his name out there but any immediate fam will know who i'm speaking of) that didn't take the "blue collar" route is sitting so pretty due to sensible $$ investments it's ridiculous.  He passed that on to his child and she's sitting pretty on her own recognizance.  Common sense/book sense is GREAT combination.  I digress...

So what I was saying is it's something about the man that can produce some stuff with his hands.  Change my oil and then throw some meat on the grill?? I got the sides babe, no worries.  and some here lemme rub your temples for you, relax daddy i gotcha.. *ahem* sorry got carried away.  LOL!!  It's a respect thing, really.  You respect what i (the woman) bring to the table and step to the table with your part and let's do this thang!  Now I'm not saying someone that is strictly white collar is a bad thing, I'm just telling you what floats my boat.  Because of my upbringing, it's abnormal to me when a man would immediately call AAA if I need my tire changed.  Hell, I know how to change a tire.  Unless the car has some crazy, complicated tire storage/removal system...i'm getting the jack and handling it.  One thing my uncles taught ALL of the ladies of the family is how to do the basics (check oil, check tire, change tire) and I thank ALL of them for that!

Blue Collar vs White Collar - based on the examples I've been shown by the men in my family..I'll take blue collar everytime.  Ladies, please do you and NEVER (men too), NEVER (are you listening) settle and NEVER let someone talk you into being with someone that you know you aren't feeling or connected to. NEVER live a miserable life...it's too short.  Ain't nothing like a good man!

*a moment of silence for Clara (Turknett) Elliott, John Elliott, Thomas Elliott, John Thomas Elliott, Theodore Elliott, Bennie Mae (Elliott) Hutchinson, Dr. Rev. LC Elliott.....from the bottom of my heart I thank you for your gifts into my life....thank you*

Welcome to my world and thank you for sharing...peace and blessings!
~Aries Rule~  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment