Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Forward?? Phooey!

Hello World....

Well how many churchgoers were late or totally missed service yesterday??  And then how many folks were almost or really late this morning for work??  Well my dilemma was that I was wide awake last night doing some homework and watching movies (i can multi-task) and I looked at the clock and 11:45p was displayed.  Not a good thing.  So I then forced myself to relax with a cup of chamomille tea and i turned out all of the lights and went to my bed.  So at 5am when all alarms started ringing, I was looking at my bedside clock like it was an alien.  I was not understanding why this noise was happening and my tv also comes on at 5am (channel 2) so i can start checking the weather for the day.  But uuum this morning. i hit the snooze and rolled over, tv on and all.  I'm serious.  it was not a "oo can i have 5 more minutes" sleepy, it was "damn i just went to bed" sleepy.  So needless to say at 7am, i finally shook the cobwebs out and blinked myself into existence and took my vitamins and washed face/brushed teeth, luckily i'd bathed last night and figured out something not boring to wear for Monday.  *sidenote: my philosophy is to not have a blue monday so I make sure to add a splash of red somewhere on Mondays. it starts the week off differently. today it was lipstick.*  And you know how when you are a few minutes late and you get that extra "oh shoot let me get out of the door" burst of energy...yep..well..never happened.  I was in the "well Lord this ain't working for some reason, let me get to work safely" attitude and I got on in here to my place of business and I'm still tired and it's already 2pm.  Lunch (which i normally eagerly anticipate) snuck up on me.   I didn't even have a pre-lunch snack craving.  Not a good sign.

So, you'd think as a March baby (3/21 - Aries rule) I'd love everything that March has to bring....uuuh no.  This is the one part about Spring that I detest.  I am so jealous of the fall babies that celebrate the month that we "fall backwards" and we gain that hour.  The only thing I don't like about that is that then it gets dark early and MARTA travel gets a lot more dangerous. (my ATLiens know what I'm talking about.)

I said all of that to say....SPRING FORWARD?? PHOOEY!!  I'm sleepy and I'm ready to take a nap and I WILL be going to bed at 9pm tonight.  I will NOT have a crazy azz morning  tomorrow like I did this morning!

To my folks that will be in Miami for the jazz festival..holla at ya girl!  :-))

*peace and blessings*

No comments:

Post a Comment