Thursday, March 1, 2012

Blatant Disrespect...

Hello World....

I experienced and witnessed some of the most blatant disrespect yesterday morning.  I live in an area that is basically in the middle of a big neighborhood including an elementary school, therefore two school zones exist.  The first one is in front of the school, so for the most part everyone slows down to 25 like the flashing yellow lights signal us to do and then there is also normally a cop sitting there to tag the ones that don't.  Well yesterday I notice this car riding my bumper at the zone in front of the school and I'm thinking "look lady slow down, the kids are right here." Well we get past the school and traffic clears in the other lane and she speeds over and actually looks over at me like I was in the wrong AND the cop sitting there was too busy picking his teeth and he missed her speeding off.  Needless to say this woman drove all the way down the street and sped thru the other school zone.  Now here is where the disrespect comes from, my neighborhood is majority african-american this lady was not.  (read between the lines)  So immediately I'm a tad angry because her actions tell me that she felt like these little minority kids were not worth slowing down for as they use their little legs to scurry across the street to get an education.  This really pissed me off so I took a pic of her car to post on FB BUT i thought about it and decided to edit it to scrub out her license plate.  So the pic up top is the rude lady.  She really pissed me off because I hate that people like that exist.  It's one thing to be running late and wanting to speed through areas that are legal to speed through but to speed through a school zone in front of the school with the kids crossing and then actually give me a mean look for abiding by the rules is just blatant disrespect for the entire neighborhood.

With that being said....
*peace and blessings*

No comments:

Post a Comment