Monday, February 27, 2012

A Golden Life...

Hello World...

I had such a great day yesterday that I forgot to blog about it.  Oh man! It started with a wonderful breakfast and then I hit an AMC movie theater to see "Good Deeds".  This is the first movie that I have just really wanted to see, i noticed that "Safe House" was there which i'd forgotten about so I'll head back to see that as well.  Yeah, so the movie is emotional.  I went through a true emotional rollercoaster. I cried, I laughed, laughed and cried, i got angry, I got sad and reflected on personal matters and then laughed and cried some more.  And THEN i noticed one of the young ladies that I got a chance to see grow from high school to Miss Texas and Miss USA 2008 (Crystle Stewart) was on the screen that I was looking at!  That is the craziest thing moment in time.  This was the second time I've had that moment, I hung out with Romany, Sqeak and Curtis aka RMG aka The College Boyz back in the days and then I look up and Rom is on "40 year old Virgin" and now he's going to be in "Think Like A Man".  Do you know how motivational that is?  To see people you really know up on the big screen and then live everyday around people that are movers and shakers here in the big city?  "Good Deeds" has the storyline of all storylines and then I headed over to the Nine West store because I bought some boots that I love but my feet, well my left foot, didn't like at all.  So I was prepared to just take a store credit and so I couldn't find another shoe in there that day but when the associate rang it up to do the store credit, the funds went back to my debit card!  I was like YES!!!!  I got $50 I wasn't expecting! And so then i went to a Jenny Craig weigh-in (yep Jenny Craig) and it showed that i went up 1 pound but I know that's not right because my clothes are fitting correctly.  What I'm going to start doing again is measuring myself.  Whenever I go through a weight loss phase, I don't use a scale, I use measurements AND look at the way my clothes fit.  Yeah that's what I'll do.  Oh yeah, AND I'm on Spring Break so this week is just feeling like a big sigh of relief.  I am so serious because even though I am all about walking in my destiny but having to go from work mode to student mode and then sitting in a classroom full of youngsters and going through the thought pattern of "i shoulda done this when I was their age" mantra and then back to reality is hard on the mental.  SOOOO  being on spring break right now is great!!

The title says A Golden Life and right now, I truly am living life like it's golden (in the words of my girl Jill Scott).  I'm taking life by the horns and riding it like the country girl I am..taking the bull by the horns so to speak and I won't stop until I take my last breath.  By the time I leave this earth (forget just the neighbors) the world will know my name.  I was rambling up top because i'm trying not to forget anything. Actions, thoughts, emotions that happened yesterday and I think i got it all.

Thank you for sharing...
*Peace and Blessings*

No comments:

Post a Comment