Monday, February 20, 2012

Motivated Motivated Hard Core!

The title of this blog today is one of the chants that my USAF bootcamp flight used to chant as we did our daily march on base.  We were all female and ended up with a reputation of being the loudest, hardest marchers, meaning as we marched up the street, we dug our boots in the concrete so hard you could hear us coming!  Which made our two (male TIs) very proud. LOL (shout out to TSGT Dunsen & the other two!)  But this weekend was a hard one for a lot of us that are Whitney Houston fans.  The homegoing service was excellent! God was in that place!  Pastor Winans gave us a true Word, a Word for the living!  Whitney trusted and believed in God and the best and only way to end her celebration of life was to give the people there a Word and that he did! Three things I was left with is to "Prioritize" that "I'm Significant" and "God got me".   So Whitney's homegoing service touched a part of me that is just devastated by all of the people leaving us at an early age due to stuff that was pretty much self-inflicted, whether it be drugs, alcohol or bad eating habits.  It's preventable and it makes me angry to a certain extent because it's selfish.  If you know due to family DNA that you are susceptible to diabetes and high blood pressure which are controllable by proper food intake and alleviating certain habits from your lifestyle but you still do it and then end up either paralyzed or dead shame on you! Shame shame on you! You did this to yourself and it's a shame!  If you are headed in that direction and are a youngster like the DJ Screws of the world, thinking it's cool to sip "Sizurp" and feel like you're talking and moving slow but then you stroke out and end up dead or paralyzed...Shame on You!!

I know what my family medical history is I'm already dealing with an inherited auto-immune disease (Rhuematoid Arthritis) which is like the other evil twin sister to Lupus.  It causes the body to turn against itself, bones, joints as well as internal organs and guess what i have to do.  Keep my immune system boosted at aLL times by eating right, by at least minimal exercise and vitamin supplements and you know why i'm going to do it? Because I like walking around without hurting, I like using the bathroom and taking a bath without help.  And I will do everything in my power to NEVER be a burden to anyone else.  I am even more motivated to get up and move around, to use the gifts I've been given to do what I need to do to be a giver to society and NOT a taker.

So, my recycled mantra is "MOTIVATED, MOTIVATED, HARD CORE"!
*peace and blessings*

No comments:

Post a Comment