Wednesday, April 1, 2020

It takes a Village....Hello World

Hello World....

I hope your year/month/week/day is going well.  This weekend is bittersweet.  I am heading to celebrate the life of a cousin who was more like a big brother to me and my other cousins.  He "is" part of our village and I use present tense because he will always be a part of our memories and our lives.  There is a saying "It takes a village to raise a child"...and see the way our family is setup we were born into a village.  My Granny, Clara Elliott,  ended up having her children in sets of two and my aunt Bennie Mae was the only daughter in that first group and she got married and started having her own family which ironically coincided with my Granny's 2nd set of kids.  So Aunt Bennie Mae became mom, big sister and aunt all in one and so her children became sons, daughter, niece, nephews, cousins AND surrogate big brothers and sister.  (oooo lawd I'm trying to write this blog and the rush of memories are causing my eyes to uuum water....uuugh no not right now...who cries in the middle of the airport??) So I was part of the group that was born to a daughter in the second set of Elliott kiddos and even though my mom didn't have anymore babies I came into the world with big brothers and sisters thanks to our village.

(unfinished...this was started in 2016 and i never came back to finish it..it's 2020 now...)
i miss my cousin.

Love on your friends and family...always...

peace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment