Thursday, June 4, 2020

It's a pandemic...it's a protest....it's craziness going on...

Hello World....

So as of late February/March the US has been under a crazy epidemic.  First it was the "Covid 19" quarantine which became official the weekend of my birthday (i was sad).  :-(

So we've all been under some sort of quarantine.  There is the separation of essential and non-essential employees.  Some companies have closed down, some companies have converted to 100% tele-working status.  Luckily I'm still able to work from home.  I still have my setup from my FL project so I'm good to go.

Crazy as it sounds i'm doing better financially NOW than I was when everything was side open.  Things have happened that opened up some normally closed financial doors and I'm good to go.

A few weeks ago we lost some folks in the african american community....

Breonna Taylor - March 2020 - ER Tech who was at home and was killed as a result of a no knock warrant.  Police shot and killed her...no reason, she wasn't guilty of anything.  Just being at home.

Ahmaud Arbery -  Feb 2020 - The rest of the world didn't find out about this Glynn County Georgia tragedy until months AFTER it happened.  Mr. Arbery was jogging in his neighborhood and these white men followed him in trucks and shot him like an animal in the middle of the street.

George Floyd - May 2020 - the world watched this man via video be strangled by a Minnesota Policeman.  The scenario?  Floyd went to a neighborhood store that he frequented and it's alleged that he paid for his purchases with a counterfeit bill.  Cops were called and somehow he ended up on the ground, handcuffed with 3 cops standing on his back and one cop with his knee on his neck.  The world saw/heard him yell "i can't breathe" and then yell for his mom.  We found out later that his mom is no longer living so perhaps he was calling out to her because she was there to get him once his soul left.

NOW the world is protesting for the unjust treatment that African Americans have been receiving forever.  There are professional folks losing jobs, businesses losing contracts, LOTS of folks who are used to being slick at the mouth about how they feel about blacks and the entire community.  We, again, get to see the racists coming out of their corners front and center.

I can honestly say that I've reacted online and choose to share any negative vibes that I see and make sure their employers know all about them.  I'm sending continuous prayers and positive vibes to ALL that are affected by all of this madness.  It is a blanket of sadness and anger right now.  Lots of people are getting educated on black history...black wall street, systemic racism, civil rights movement.

OAN:

Our agency (TLA) often connects with a really cool spiritual medium - Cathy Burroughs and I finally was brave enough to ask about my maternal grandmother.  Everytime I asked a question it was about finance, love life type stuff but I never asked the really hard question.  I got my answer...that she is proud of me and that she also wishes that we would've been able to have a better relationship.

Well this is the synopsis of what's happening in my world...there's world craziness happening and I've found a sliver of peace within the craziness.

I pray that your life is going well and that you are sane.

Peace and Blessings....

No comments:

Post a Comment