Sunday, June 16, 2013

What today means to me...

Hello World...

My last two posts dealt with me having a temper tantrum. LOL! Literally, my mindset just goes to the left sometimes.  And then when i snap back, I'm like "what the hell was I thinking?"

Today..well this weekend was my 2013 Turknett Reunion - I didn't go. I couldn't do it this year. I could've bought a plane ticket a few months ago but didn't and then I said "oh i'll drive" but the closer it came, I knew my heart/soul/body was not into that 24 hour drive.  Plus everything happens for a reason, if I'd left I wouldn't have been here for a friend.  Sometimes friends just need to know they have support, nothing extravagant just some stability.  Peace of mind is a beautiful thing.  And as I type this I pray that God continues to supply that and put keep me on the mindset of stability.

Today is also Fathers day.  I don't have the greatest relationship with mine but I like the fact that a connection exists.  I used to try to hold onto yesteryear anger but it only held me hostage.  At one point after i  moved here I wrote my father a letter and told him that I forgave him and I did.  I will call him once i think he's up, it's 8am in Texas right now, and tell him Happy Fathers Day.

Everything with the new "friend" is going well.  Still in "getting to know/honey moon" stages so we're still giddy.  i'm not saying i want it to wear off but I know it will eventually.  Then again, I don't know he's such an intriguing guy, maybe it won't.  I don't know but we'll see. *tee hee*

One cool thing I found out while dining out yesterday is a chef that I know, now has a cooking school which I plan on taking courses in and his classes include - How to Smoke/BBQ. OMG! That's the one thing i've always wanted to know how to do! I can do a lil something something in the kitchen but i've never been allowed near the pit when my cousins and uncles do their thang.  I'm excited, I can't wait!

So what does today mean to me? It means regeneration, it means new life, it means excitement, it means....

~peace and blessings~  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment